: : CRONAN : :

A creative strategic identity consultancy. We work with change-makers looking for innovative answers. Deeply experienced in naming, branding and design thinking, with results including TiVo and AmazonKindle. 

Paul Polak releases a new book - The Business Solution to Poverty

August 27, 2013


We met Dr. Paul Polak at the Aspen Design Leadership Summit in July 2005. Paul's voice stood out among the other participants in that he saw how 90% of designers were designing for only 10% of the world's customers. Out of that meeting came both the traveling exhibition Design for the Other 90% and its accompanying book from the Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum, Paul's widely-known book Out of Poverty and years of conversations.

While Paul credits : : CRONAN : : with helping him realize he was a designer, his insights have helped guide ours and have been transformative in many ways.

Steve Jobs famously said "We're here to 'put a dent in the universe'". Paul's new book, The Business Solution to Poverty, co-authored by Mal Warwick, is the guide to understanding how business can reach customers and be the driving force in ending poverty on a global scale. It's a primer to get you started thinking about designing products and services for THREE BILLION new customers at the bottom of the pyramid - You can make a dent in the universe...